THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT! FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS EXACTLY OR YOUR CAMPAIGN WON'T WORK!
1. On your Seller Central account page, hover over the ‘Advertising’ menu and then select “Promotions”.
2. Click on the "Create" Button Under "Money Off"
3. Set "Buyer Purchases" to "At least this quantity of item". If it's not selected, change the drop down to this setting
4. Make sure the quantity value to the right is set to "1" (one).
5. From the "Purchased Items" drop-down, select the item(s) in the product selection.
6. In the "Buyer Gets" drop-down, select "Amount Off In Dollar". You can technically use % off, but dollar off is a safer setting.
7. To the right, set the discount off in Dollars: EG: 19.99. Make sure that the amount off matches the advertised discount percentage.
8. Ensure that "Applies to" drop-down is set to "Purchased Items
9. Skip "Advanced Items".
10. Your "Start Date" needs to be at least 4 hours in the future. You may have to change the start day to today's date.
11. The "End Date" would be at your discretion. We suggest making the promotion valid for at least 30 days.
12. Set a memorable "Internal Description" like "Amzrc Discount - Product Name - Date - Discount"
13. You can leave the "tracking ID" as it is, or change it per your needs.
14. On the claim code type, select "Single Use"
15. Check the "one redemption per customer check box"
16. Set the "Claim Code Combinability" to "Unrestricted"
17. Click on the "Review" button
18. On the "Review Promotion" screen. Verify the following: (a) Buyer gets = amount off in $ (b) the discount amount is correct (c) one redemption per customer is checked (d) claim code combinability = "Unrestricted" (e) the Detail page display text should not be enabled and verify as much.
19. Click the "Submit" button
Now we create the individual codes for our Amzrc campaign.
20. Click on the "View Or Modify Your Promotion Link" from the confirmation page.
21. Click on the "Mange claim codes" button in the promotion management screen.
22. Enter a "Group Name". You can call this whatever you want
23. Enter the quantity of codes you would like to create. The amount of codes you would like created in exchange for reviews.
24. The "Status" column should read "Ready". Click on the "Download" link to get the .zip file which contains the codes.
25. Unzip the file downloaded. The .zip file contains a .txt file which stores the promotional codes.